Yesterday, registered voters of the CNMI went out to cast their vote for the first, ever U.S. Delegate for the CNMI. I wanted to beat the crowd and started a bit early, but to my surprise there was no crowd at all! I was a bit alarmed by the fact that there was no crowd (compared to other elections), but then again, we all had to vote for just one person.
I sent out a text to family and friends and reminded them to exercise their right to vote yesterday because every vote counts.
I was a bit concerned about the whole "manual" counting of ballots and thought it was pretty strange (and coincidental) that it was never mentioned before until yesterday. According to an article in the Saipan Tribune, the ballots will all be manually counted due to lack of funding. UGH! But we have money to fund a federal lawsuit??? Gawd, our CNMI Government has crazy priorities!!! Not surprising to me!
The race is still on as there are over 1,000 absentee ballots that have been sent out and the final votes will be counted on November 18th.
No comments:
Post a Comment