So much has been going on so I've been distracted and unable to focus on writing anything on my blog. For the most part, Floyd and I decided to relocate to Las Vegas, Nevada in February 2009. We both decided that we want more things in life and right now, being in the CNMI won't help us accomplish many of our goals. I've decided to go back to school and Floyd decided to continue his career in law enforcement.
We've been packing things up little by little, and sending them off to my sister-in-laws place in Las Vegas. The post office is like a second home to me now! We're having a garage sale this weekend so we've been preparing for that as well. Since we have about 2 months left on-island, we're going to try to do have more garage sales every weekend (if possible) so we can clear things out of the house. It makes me sad to see us do all of this, but at the same time, I know it's all for the better. It's been hard to let things go, but I figured, this move is a new chapter in our lives and we've got to get a fresh start on things.
Any tips on moving are always welcomed :)
7 comments:
Wow, I must say it is a bold move and I wish both of you the best. It is sad as the CNMI, once again, looses more brilliant people... More brain drain.. Rather unfortunate.
Anyhow, please don't fret over my comments alone, I'm sure you will be missed and that you both will secure a better life with each other wherever you may be.
Pollyanna! I can't believe that you're taking the plunge just as Kumar and I did to move to mainland U.S. Girl, as far as tips for your move, it was easier for us and more cost effective to go with a shipping company. It costed us about five hundred to move about thirty boxes. You should also circulate a list of what you have to sell around the office....it worked for me!
DON'T LEAVE ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Just kidding, I know you gotta do what you gotta do but I'm gonna miss u plenty much!
Yes, we're sad to leave, but happy to start a new life else-where.
Hey miss Marie, thanks for the tips on moving. Yeah, everyone in the office is asking what I have for sale. We're having a garage sale this Saturday :)
Grassy...you should apply for my job. LOL!!!
8(
Best wishes...In a few more months, there will be like 30 people on Saipan.
Awww...*tear*...Polly I am going to miss you so much...Its gonna be hard to see you go but I am sure you will NOT forget me...hehe...RIGHT? lol...Good Luck!
Wow! Vegas, huh? I've found that I just cannot live in the desert. This 'winter' I'm really missing southern California. Maybe someday...
I'm sure everything will work out. God bless you!
Post a Comment