This weekend was filled with a lot of adventure! First, Floyd and I drove out to Hoover Dam and on the way over, we took a few shots by Lake Mead, one of the largest man-made lake and reservoir in the U.S. As I gazed at the water (yes, water in a desert) I was immediately put into a relaxed state. There's just something about the water that brings you to that relaxed state of mind. *sigh!* So as we drove closer to the Hoover Dam, one of the largest hydroelectric generating station, I noticed more cars on the road and then noticed that so many people were at the Hoover Dam taking pictures and just enjoying this historical site. I probably saw more visitors there than I have ever seen on Saipan....and this was just a site, not a city. Unfortunately, because of the traffic flow of people there, we weren't able to take the damn, I mean dam tour! But it was worth the drive. Believe it or not, our drive was only about an hour - back and forth. It was definitely a nice, senic route (of mountains, rocks and more desert) to the outskirts of Las Vegas.
The second part of my exciting weekend was that I attended my first-ever GUN SHOW! Okay, I was just expecting to see guns. Period. But it was much more than that. I saw all kinds of guns: small, large, light, heavy, old, new....it was just amazing!!! And the fun part? I got to hold some of them, too! But there was more than guns at this show. There were knives, swords, tasers, clothes, flashlights and a lot more equipment. But the coolest thing I saw there were ladies purses that had these almost "secret" pockets in them for your (registered) gun. Those booths definitely had me fooled in the beginning because I was like, Why in the world are they selling ladies handbags at a gun show??? Well, little did I know, these stylish bags had a purpose! Oh and then there was the yummy beef jerky and fresh popcorn being sold. You know I had a bag of that!
4 comments:
who knew there was so much to see and do at a gun show? i love it!
hey, why can't i follow you? am i not seeing the little follow box thing-y???
Okay girl, I am still learning about this blog thing day by day. Idk how to have you follow me. Maybe Deece can help us...Deece???
Hi Polly !
I'm happy to hear you have settled in and are enjoying living in Lost Wages. What a great place to live. Close to the coast, and to Mexico and to skiing in the Sierras and so much more. Not to mention some of the best shows around. Have fun!
Okay Shar, I think it's on...now you can follow me. Thanks for all your help...thank you, too Deece!
Bruce, it's great to hear from you! Thank you so much for stopping by my page. Everything in Vegas is going well. Take care and keep in touch!
Post a Comment