Monday, March 2, 2009

Pure Randomness....


The weather here in Las Vegas has been getting warmer. Believe it or not, but I was actually pretty warm here at home that I even took a cool shower (I usually take warm showers). Everyone is warning me about the heat come August, but knowing that the heat will not make me sweat is actually a positive thing for me.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Two of my friends had these funny pictures up on Facebook and labeled people based on their personality. One of my friends labeled me as the "One you can depend on" and the other friend said I was the "Good little church girl". I mean, even though I was happy I wasn't one to be labeled as the Gossiper or a Drama Queen, I couldn't help but feel a bit like loser because I was seen as something so bo------ring! My friend that said I was someone he could depend on said it was a good thing that I was labeled that way. As for being labeled the Good little church girl, well I don't think I'm like that, but it's interesting that others see me that way.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


We recently took a road trip to Long Beach, CA to pick up our Nissan Xterra, that we shipped from Saipan. It was a nice road trip because it was something different to do. We went to the Fort Irwin base in CA, Victorville, Barstow, downtown Long Beach and South Compton. When we were in South Compton, we stayed at this (what I thought was) a raunchy hotel in South Compton only because it was the most decent (believe it or not) hotel near the shipping company where we were picking up our car. I know we were in a pretty safe neighborhood, but for some odd reason I was still scared that I might get mugged. I mean, I was in COMPTON! It was probably wrong for me to stereotype, but nonetheless, I did not feel safe anywhere there....not even in my hotel room! I seriously did not get much sleep the 2 nights we were there because I (literally) was sleeping with one eye open.

4 comments:

Wayne Pangelinan said...

LOL! Compton, Xterra, Weather, Showers... Wow, all lumped up in one post... At least you could do that as there are so many things to do out there versus here and all you write about is one story, your feature story...lol!

Be safe Polly.

plumeria*girl said...

I know, right? There are so many things going on here for me, and they shall continue, I'm sure so be prepared to hear more...LOL!

*h*o*n*e*y* said...

miss you alot...hey atleast you can actually say "road trip"...not meaning from kobler to marpi...lol...thats about the only road trip here...hehe

plumeria*girl said...

I miss those "road trips" out there...you know, the ones that are SOOOOO FAR. I never complain about distance out here. LA is 4 hours away...now THAT'S far! LOL! Miss you, too Tasia!