Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Bitter-sweet History


Today was a historical day for me. I sold my very first car (2005 Nissan Sentra) that bought and used that money to pay off my car loan. Although it was hard to see my car drive away without me, I still felt good about paying off a car loan all by myself! Destiny's Child said it best with their song, Independent Women: *singing* All the women who are independent, raise your hands up at me!!!

7 comments:

DATALIG said...

Congratulations. Know the feeling to pay off the car......great feeling.

Good luck on your move.

David

Wayne Pangelinan said...

Aw, did you wipe the tear off your face as it left? lol.. Good job, I know the feeling. It is truly an accomplishment. Time is nearing for Vegas, as always take care Polly! de-lurking!

Deece said...

Congratulations! I can't wait until December when our Explorer is paid off.

And also, wow! The end of an era, eh? I wish you all the best!

Deece said...

Oh, and, um...what are you selling?

plumeria*girl said...

Wayne...I actually choked up, but then realized that the biggest loan I had on my shoulders was paid off and felt much, much better :)

Deece...selling soooooooo much stuff, I don't even know where to start. If you have time, come by my place on Isa Drive & Easter Lp. Call my cell if you need directions.

Thanks so much for the well wishes. Floyd & I are super excited!

Deece said...

Aw man, I likely won't be able to make it, garage sales usually sell out early on. I'm making marmalade today, hoping it won't take all day, but you never know with this stuff. Ha ha!

Island Boy Sailor said...

Just De-lurking. Its hard letting go of your first ride. Good luck on you move to the mainland.