Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Gratitude Journal

I recently read Dr. David Khorram’s book: World Peace, a Blind Wife, and Gecko Tails. In his first chapter, he talked about a Gratitude Journal where you take a few minutes in the day to note down what you are most grateful for, on a daily basis. The stuff you are grateful for could be something small or something big. Although it is recommend that you write stuff down daily, I agree with Dr. Khorram that when doing this exercise, it’s more meaningful when you say it out loud. Doing this daily exercise actually allows you to start off your day on a positive note. I tried it out today and it really lifted my spirits.

Today I expressed that I was grateful for having all my senses. I’m grateful for the sense of sight so I can see the wonderful colors that surround me. I’m grateful for the sense to hear so I can hear people speak, hear the sounds of nature and most especially hear the sound of music. I am grateful for the sense of taste so I can appreciate all the great flavors food has to offer. I am grateful for the sense of touch so I can touch others as well as feel others and feel nature. I am also grateful for the sense of smell so that I am able to smell the sweet smell of nature, flowers, cooking, etc.

What’s on your Gratitude Journal for today?

3 comments:

Drea said...

Today I'm grateful that I have a blog. I think blogging is helping me keep positive.

btw, I'm Drea. :)

Grassy said...

I was watching the Charm School Reunion show last night. I'm grateful that I'm not Megan.

plumeria*girl said...

Hi Drea, thanks for visiting my blog!

Grassy - ur one funny gal!