Monday, January 12, 2009

Moooooooving

I've never thought of a "packer" being an actual profession. Well, packing has been my latest profession since we decided to move. Floyd and I just start and we're both in our own worlds! Once upon a time, our house had a personality. My brothers hung out at our place over the weekend and couldn't believe the transformation. Our house is now so bare, it has absolutely no personality if you ask me. I now have a different ambiance, if you will, to ensure that I use up what I have instead of buying new stuff at the store. The Sunday Crew was at my house over the weekend and they were asking why I had so many candles lit. My response: "I'm trying to use 'em all before we leave."

OUR WALLS ARE SO BARE!!!


Our most major garage sale is scheduled for this Saturday. I've been working on a list of major items in our home that we're ready to sell. People have been so eager to buy our stuff, they're already asking for my bed! Uh, HELLO! I still have to sleep somewhere. Sheesh!!!

I swear this whole move has been both exhausting physically, emotionally and mentally!

Physically - elbow grease. Enough grease.

Emotionally - well, even if it's so liberating to get rid of things that we don't use anymore, I still choke up every now and then packing up our personal stuff to be sent to another location. You know how it is, you come across some pictures and then stop to look through it...memories rekindled. But it's been emotionally rewarding to find out that all the boxes we've been mailing to Las Vegas has been received on that end. Whrew!

Mentally - just thinking of what needs to go, what stays, what needs to be stored, where it should be stored, what's important, what's not important....and the mental exercises go on and on!!!

No comments: