Sunday, October 12, 2008

Alive & Well

I got into a car accident on my way back home this evening. BOOM! A car hit me hard from behind! Everything happened all so fast I don't remember exactly what happened, but I do remember Floyd asking me if I was okay and hearing one of the passengers from the other car saying (over and over) that it was God's good will that kept us all safe. Although this was all true, I was so freaking pissed off at that very moment. Why? Well, first of all the accident could've been worse...it could've been more than a two-car collision accident...my car could've been hit hard enough to fall into that ditch near the scene of the accident. And most of all: I COULD'VE DIED!!! Some people know this, some don't, but I'll tell it to the world without hesitation that I'm afraid of death and I'm afraid to die!!! I think that's where my anger was streaming from. I was truly happy to be alive instead of dead. Call me melodramatic, I don't care.
After this whole episode, I noticed that I was shaking as I tried to open our front door with my keys. I guess it didn't hit me until after because as I tried to relax my shaken body, I started to cry. It's funny how something extreme has to happen before you realize all the things you have right before your very eyes. I realized all the things that I do have that are important to me: my family, Floyd, my friends, MY LIFE! We all seem to take the little things for granted or put things off for another time. I'm not going to be that person. I want to live my life to the fullest!

5 comments:

kirida said...

Oh no Polly! Are you and Floyd okay??? You're right about life--it's so terrifying that in a moment you could lose it.

Bon said...

Glad you are both okay. Things like accidents and loss have a way of putting things into perspective don't they?

plumeria*girl said...

Floyd & I are both doing well. No cuts or scratches.

Bon - yes, it's true how things are put into perspective when accidents happen.

Rie Rie said...

So glad that you and Floyd are okay....take care!

♥pangigi© said...

oh no...i'm glad the both of you are safe, well, and alive too! I used to be afraid of death. I thought about it allll the time, specifically during the 7th grade when mr. keller (mr. killer) showed us a film on natural disasters (earthquake, volcanoes, and tidal waves!). Then that very next day, a tidal wave warning hit saipan and off we went to the mountains. I still have reoccurring nightmares of natural disasters and wake up in the middle of the night all scared. I think I got over it a little, but I sure am greatful for my life and love ones.