Sunday, October 19, 2008

Anti-Socialite

I may not be a super social bird, but I also know that I’m not an anti-social person either…well, for the most part at least. I’ve got to admit that there are those days where I’m just not in the mood for the world. I guess you could call me an Anti-Socialite on those days.

I don’t know what it is, but there are days where I want to step out of my house and enjoy my freedom without being sociable. This ideal day would consist of: going shopping without having to deal with the casual hellos or eyebrow-raising greetings, enjoy a relaxing mani-pedi (manicure-pedicure) without having to talk about my life, let alone other people’s lives, doing a bank errand without having small conversations in line while waiting for the next teller.

Okay, so the Chamorro people would call me matapang in this case, but I do admit that I have those days where I would rather dodge people to avoid any social activity. Do you ever have those days?

3 comments:

Anastácio Soberbo said...

Hello, I like the blog.
Sorry not write more, but my English is bad writing.
A hug from Portugal

Grassy said...

Girl I feel that way at least once a week!

Bon said...

Self revealing fact time: lots of people think I'm matapang because I don't really make eye contact or speak (lol). I'm just lost in my brain sometimes...need roadmap to reality. I feel like that a lot.