Tuesday, September 2, 2008

I NEVER WIN!!!

So today I get to work to find out there's no power...lucky for us, we're one of the few government agencies that has a generator. It usually takes our landlord's assistant about 10 minutes to kick the generator on, but for some odd reason, he took longer today. Fifteen long minutes passed and still no generator on! All my morning make-up was starting to melt and my lip gloss wasn't so "glossy" anymore. Suddenly I see Renay (our landlord's assistant) and he's running to turn the generator on. "Sorry ma'am!" He said as he ran to the generator room aka: the men's restroom. I wonder if he saw the frustrated look on my face or how sweaty I was....at that point, I didn't care. I was just happy to hear that generator turn on.

So I go to my desk and start to situate myself to begin work. Pretty soon I'm feeling the sweat roll down my forehead because although the airconditioner was on, it was blowing out HOT AIR!!! I run to the thermostat to check on the temparature....it's on 76. Confused, but also out of pure irritation, I switch it to 65. Ten minutes pass and there's no change in room temperature. I then begin to ask my co-workers if it was just me or was it really warm. They said they were feeling pretty warm, too. My blood was boiling at this point. I was drenched in sweat, irritated as hell and feeling sticky from all the bath and body works lotion I put all over my body! 15 minutes later I find out that the landlord is getting the airconditioner looked at. I then re-located myself to another part of the office to do some work. It was nice and cool and I was able to work in a pleasant environment.

After lunch I decided to move back into my cubby-hole called an office and continue to do my work there because it felt cooler than before. BIG MISTAKE! Not long after I started to work, I realized that I couldn't concentrate on my work because it was warm and I was sweating...again! It was so bad that I found myself walking to other departments just to cool off. Then I receive a text that says the power may turn off at 6pm tonight.

I threw my hands up in the air. "OH I NEVER WIN!" I yelled in my office. I'm already hot and sweaty and it's going to continue when I get home. This really sucked eggs!!! I hate all these damn power outages! Amen.

No comments: