Today we celebrated my mom's 51st birthday.
I treated my family to a nice lunch at Tori Hide. As I looked around the table during lunch, it was nice to see my mom and talk to her about recent events and updating each other on what's going on. We enjoyed everyone's company over lunch.
Then I get a call around 4pm from my dad telling me that there is a last-minute happy hour for my mom's birthday at their place. I cracked up because I knew it was inevitable that we were gonna have a gathering because it was her birthday. So I get to my parent's house and it was pouring rain...everyone was in the BBQ pala-pala all cozy. Soon the crowd started getting bigger and we were still all in the pala-pala. I though to myself: NOTHING CAN STOP MY FAMILY FROM GETTING TOGETHER! And kinda laughed to myself. Everyone was talking, laughing and just having a great time. My mom was also enjoying herself, and that was all that mattered to me.
Then the power goes out! It wasn't until 15 minutes after the power outage did people begin to leave slowly one by one. Next thing you know, we were clearing the table and transferring things back into the house. Nevertheless, we all enjoyed ourselves and we were all happy.
I love my family!
No comments:
Post a Comment