I was at mass for two reasons today: to fulfill my holy day of obligation and to pray for the soul of my aunt who had passed away last year. During mass, I turned to look at my uncle and his daughter and couldn't help but feel sympathy for all of them. As I stared at them, I noticed my uncle whispering in his youngest daughter's ear and soon she had a big smile on her face, and started giggling. Tears filled my eyes because I was happy to see her smiling, but my heart just melted knowing that she's so young and she loss her mother before she graduated from junior high school.
I know this is almost so bad to say, but she made me realize that I shouldn't take my mom for granted. She's molded me into so many things that I have become today. I could not imagine being without my mom...or dad for that matter. I honestly think I'd break into a massive depression stage and cry forever!!! I said a little prayer during mass and thanked the Lord for blessing me with such wonderful parents and a great family :)
2 comments:
That is true. Once you've lost your most loved ones, it is hard. I would have to think about your uncle and his daughter, that is what makes a true daddy, despite the atrocities faced. I admire such men.
I know it's sad that we realize how much we take things for granted, like our family members. I definitely wouldn't know what I'd do without my family!
Post a Comment