Monday, September 1, 2008

DAMN POWER OUTAGES!!!

Okay, I know it's been a while since I posted something here, but let me tell you...I blame most of it on these damn power outages!!!

Initially when we started this load shedding, I could handle it because CUC was always on schedule with their scheduled power outages. But now it's just all gone down the drain! Schedule or no schedule, the power is bound to go out!

I can't even plan a nice dinner at home or plan to lounge at home in front of the TV because you never know when the power is going to go out. I hate the fact that I don't know what to do. It's like expecting the unexpected, but you know it's gonna happen so it's not really expected?!?!? If I'm at home, I'm bound to leave and go somewhere where there is power...where there is aircondition....where there is a hot, cooked meal....where I can lounge for a bit. According to my fiancee, he calls this FORCED ECONOMICS!!! And this is true! We find ourselves eating out more or watching all the movies at the theatre.

We've actually debated about purchasing a generator for our house. But we figured if the power situation changes, we'll be left with a generator without a purpose. Besides, I just found out that the new generators from the famous AGREKKO is finally on island last week. We'll see how soon it will be til we get our power fully restored! All the generators are expected to be installed, up and running by September 17th. Stay tuned....

No comments: